Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What to do with baby's Coming Home outfit, Mama's getting "crafty"

Hey y'all!  So I am pretty proud of myself, and although I did see this idea on Pinterest AFTER I did these projects, I did think of this mostly on my own :)

I was going through all the itty bitty uber cute baby clothes that we have and just didn't have the heart to get rid of them yet.  BUT the little organizing your life book I got from the library was barking at me like a shoulder devil.  So I decided to keep a few special outfits that make me think of the boys when they were infants.  Then there was the dilemma of the Going Home outfits.  Now these outfits weren't worn as often or may not even stand out in my memories in the future, but they are the special outfits I felt worthy at the time of cradling my precious bundles home from the hospital.  So they needed an extra special home.

I scored a super great deal on the memory box frames on Turkey Day and then gathered, ironed the best I could, found a true newborn photo and created a name plate with their full names and birth stats.  Then I got pinning with some pearl tipped pins.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to really fill the frame with baby bracelets, and more but I kept them simple and maybe, if they survive the next few years without completely disintegrating, I will add their "Loveys". 

I really love how they came out and this is a special thing that I will have forever.  Yup, this is truly for me and I am glad I finally got around to doing them. Pictures aren't great because I hung them up in the hall by their rooms before I thought to take a picture.



1 comment:

  1. Amber these are amazing!! Such a cute little reminder of how bitty your little men once were ;)

    ReplyDelete