Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Just when you think why, oh, why me?

***Disclaimer...kind of mushy....for me***

Just when I think, why me? Are all kids this crazy? I am going back to work! I have moments like these that make me unbelievably grateful that I am able to be home to witness:

1. A day of the same conversation over THIRTY times that goes like this: "Mommy", "Yes, Jacoby", "I love you so much you don't even know."  (feel free to awwwww inside)

2. Garrett discovering something new and looking up at you like "wow, this is the coolest thing I've ever seen." His big brown eyes discovering this world is amazing to witness!

3.  Jacoby sitting by himself with a pad of paper and you hear "J-A-C-O-B-Y, look mom that spells Jacoby!"

5. Watching the boys play together (nicely of course) and you look at them and think "Dude, I did good!"

6. Getting ready for nap time and you say one book, then he picks a pile of 10, how can you say no? The dishes can wait.

7. When you are driving in the car and you hear with the most excitment ever "Look mommy, a backhoe working, and look, a skid steer, what do you think is in that tractor trailer? Maybe backhoes?" (He's obssessed)

8. Another in the car moment....the boys cracking up at each other, well basically anytime the boys crack up with each other, it's the best sound in the whole world.

9. Listening to the boys when they don't know you are listening.  Garrett babbling in the crib, Jacoby reading his own book to himself or independently playing.  I could listen to them for hours.

And possibly the best moment (not to get too mushy on ya'll) is when....dun dun dun

10. We hear Daddy's big work truck backing up the driveway and the boys RUN to the door with hugs and kisses for Daddy and they don't leave his side for the next two hours :)

What's your favorite moments with your kids?  Feel free to comment away and enjoy your families.  (Bet you guys didn't know I had a soft side?)

2 comments:

  1. Jocoby's obsession with large work equipment remind me of Bob when he was little. Bob is the reason I know the difference between a backhoe and a front end loader...never even knew there was such a thing as a front end loader before Bob...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually just got a little teary reading this!My favorite moment with Benny is when I go into his nursery to get him out of his crib in the morning and he has the world's largest (4 toothed) smile on his face; we should all start our days so pleasantly!

    ReplyDelete