Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Oh Fuuuudddgggeeee......


The Soter's...starring in "A Christmas Story"

So it wasn't all bad.  But I'll re-cap here. 

Our "A Christmas Story" adventure started right on cue with a totally blown out tire on our way to the Christmas Eve celebrations at Aunt Sandy's.  5 degrees, and two kids and a dad all dressed up. We got there right about bed time.  Great.  When we arrived, although I didn't shoot my eye out, I did almost get a broken nose.  Believe it or not, smelling my kids ass.  Won't bore you with details, but blame it on Grandpa. 

The evening went well.  Christmas morning was alright.  Had a great yummy breakfast.  BUT I didn't think about the rest of the day. Ate eggs and chips.  Thought about Chinese, since that's what they do in the movie, BUT, we really didn't have a car!  My jeep has been acting ugly for months and wouldn't even start and we were nervous to drive Jason's because the blown out tire damaged some other thing.  Yup, that's the technical term.

Got some great presents, no Red Ryder Gun or fuzzy pink bunny pajama's but we did get this (see pic below) apparently it is a potato bin, and most of our family got one :) But it took us a long time to figure it out! Well, actually we didn't figure it out, a facebook friend did.  Now that I know what it is, makes total sense.



Back track to the morning.  Jacoby opened his "Grapple" (Toy Story Tri County Landfill) and absolutely would not open any more presents.  We just finished up this morning, two days later.  Didn't even touch his stocking.  See more detail of our actual Christmas celebrations HERE. (after you read this blog of course) It wasn't all bad :)

Now fast forward to after nap.  Jacoby woke with a 103.3 fever and was feeling really sick.  He  was just out of it.  Which may explain the morning's stalling of the present opening.

Bed time: as I was feeding Garrett his bottle I was reflecting on the past few days and the humor of it all.  Then when I turned him over to rock him, I patted his cute little butt and found a large bow.  I immediately thought, none of it matters, this is what the holiday's are about, babies, kids and family.  It really made me feel calm.  BUT yet again, Santa had one more gift for us.

Jacoby woke us up around midnight VERY sick.  I knew at 2:00am that he would be going to the doctors as soon as they opened.  Well, they didn't open.  Ugh.  Had to take him forty five minutes away, got great service, and sent to the emergency room.  My poor guy was not well and it was pretty scary for a time.  Read more details about Jacoby's first trip to the hospital HERE.  I DID get chinese on the way home, GD it I had to finish the movie out right!

Now, Jacoby is doing better but his meds are making him batshitcrazy.  Wish me luck y'all.  I will leave you with this.


Soap pppoooiiisssiiiooonnniiiinnngggg....


 
Fra-gee-lee

No comments:

Post a Comment